Monday 12 October 2009

Lady Gaga at the Washington gay rights rally




Firstly, I really like Lady Gaga. She produces good pop music and she looks fun and she does twatty things and I don't think she cares what people think.

I also like the fact that she cares enough about the gay community to turn up and make a speech.

I get it. The gay movement in the US is still miles behind the rest of the world and it is consequently important that people like her bring attention to the situation.

But what's with the Judy Garland reference?? Is this something I am missing? It comes, right in the middle of her speech, like she just had a moment of gay tourettes. OH AND YEAH JUDY GARLAND. AND KYLIE MINOGUE AND MADONNA. AND AND...LIZA. I'm running out of "icons" (David don't judge me for not knowing proper icons...).

Anyway, not important really I suppose. Like I said its good she turned up.

And I totals love that she dressed up "dykon" with the braces and monochrome. Not that I know why black and white is particularly gay lady, but do you know what I mean?

I don't have much more to say on the matter. But next time love just maybe be a bit less cliche!?

Oh and how amazing is her new album artwork? LOVE YA GAGS!

2 comments:

  1. thoughts: Judy Garland was obviously an attempt at a joke (she's a friend of Judy! um lol) but it falls flat cos she's so fucking nervous! Its kind of weird how awkward a speaker she is. Oh I guess she's always kind of awkward, right? part of her charm. I do love her too, she's an idiot but entertaining and interesting, but this speech kinda feels flat, right? she obviously thinks its her I Have a Dream the way she keeps pausing for applause. She doesn't say anything particularly rousing or original does she? I do think its cool that an artist who may appear to trade on a kind of kinky or "deviant" sexuality actually does give a shit about people owning their bodies and their right to do what they want with them, without any hassle, rather than just being emptily provacative.

    As Cher would say: "I got C for debate??"

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS bagsy The Fame Monster for Hallowe'en.

    ReplyDelete