Tuesday 1 December 2009

Pete Doherty sings Nazi German anthem

I hope this doesn't make me sound terribly ignorant, but I didn't realise that the "Deutschland Deutschland" part of the German national anthem had Nazi connotations. I'm glad I know now as it is the kind of thing I would sing in front of Germans thinking I was being very intelligent as I knew part of the anthem… (actually, I'm kind of concerned that have)...

The instant response from Pete's people was classic too – "Pete himself is from Jewish ancestry and has fought against racism and facism with numerous organisations." … I presume this is when he can get up and see straight? Pete Doherty, at the forefront of the fight against racism and facism (just as soon as he can see through his sweaty, baggy eyes).

I wonder how long it will be before he is supporting other causes? Maybe someone should recommend him as a patron for Addaction or the London Drug and Alcohol Network?

No comments:

Post a Comment